Sure, BuzzFeed‘s head honchos made the decision to let Benny Johnson go with heavy hearts. But was he just a symptom of larger problems? Kind of like a little morning indigestion that actually turns out to be pancreatitis. Gawker’s J.K. Trotter took yet another bite out of BuzzFeed today, unearthing some 4,900 stories that BuzzFeed has deleted since April. They’re uncertain of the number but deduced it from the number of stories showing on senior editors’ pages compared to before BuzzFeed promised to raise their editorial standards.Trotter called this “a practice virtually unheard of in online publishing.” His big takeaway: “Even if we account for any posts published during the above periods, we’re still talking about at least 4,900 posts that BuzzFeed eradicated from its servers without any kind of explanation to its readers.” BuzzFeed‘s editor-in-chief Ben Smith wouldn’t tell Trotter anything about the deleted posts. Then again, the two sites are engaging in what appears to be bitter warfare with BuzzFeed going after Gawker Media today for upsetting Jezebel. Ahhh….so much for Gawker‘s short-lived declaration to play nice with competitors. Back in March Gawker founder Nick Denton called BuzzFeed their biggest competitor but also called them “pointless” and their editorial approach “inconsistent.”… Read full this story
- Is Williams Set To Be The Fall Guy in Foster Fiasco?
- The Try Guys use viral series to influence driver safety
- Benny Mardones in hospital, ailing and asking for help
- Robert Mueller’s office did not know extent of BuzzFeed’s allegations
- Layoffs hit BuzzFeed, Huffington Post
- Musical gem ‘Guys and Dolls’ is a sure bet in Pleasanton
- BuzzFeed to reportedly lay off 15 percent of its workforce
- Happy Days: You can now pre-order Benny Starr's vinyl, 'A Water Album'
- Bennie Boatwright and Nick Rakocevic becoming frontcourt leaders for USC
- Eagles' Lane Johnson feels slighted, he’s 'pissed’ and, now, out to get what he deserves
Was Benny Johnson Merely BuzzFeed’s Fall Guy? have 324 words, post on dailycaller.com at August 12, 2014. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.