The top Republican leadership in the United States has congratulated Narendra Modi on being nominated as the prime ministerial candidate of the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party, and has extended an invitation to address Congressional leaders and Indian Americans via satellite at the Capitol Hill.”I want to congratulate you on winning the nomination of the BJP for the prime minister of India,” Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers said in a congratulatory message to Modi, ahead of the November 19 event.Being billed as ‘Bharat (India) Day on Capitol Hill’ the day-long event is being hosted by House Republican Conference in the US House of Representatives of which Congresswoman Rodgers is the chair; in association with Shalabh Kumar, who is chair Indian American Advisory Council. Rodgers, who had travelled to India early this year along with a few other lawmakers and met Modi in Gujarat, is only the second woman to serve as chairwoman of this powerful House Republican body. “She had the opportunity to meet with Chief Minister Narendra Modi and became an instant admirer of his work in Gujarat,” the invitation letter sent to the Indian-American community leaders said. “This will take place on November 19, 2013 in the US Capitol. We… Read full this story
- White House and Capitol Hill Offices Briefly on Lockdown After Washington Airspace Violation
- Capitol Hill lockdown causes consternation: 'We still don't know what the hell it was'
- Bozell & Graham: The Hulk on Capitol Hill – when actors play scientists for Congress
- Ahead of weeklong testimony marathon, Michael Cohen appears on Capitol Hill
- State Dept inspector general's 'urgent' Ukraine briefing underway on Capitol Hill
- PM Modi to address BJP MPs today after facing major defeat in 3 states
- Capitol Hill Democrats alarmed by Trump's inner-circle appointments
- Rep. Elijah Cummings' flag-draped coffin is carried out of the U.S. Capitol after he became the first African-American lawmaker to lie in state ahead of the sharecropper's son's Baltimore funeral where Barack Obama and Bill Clinton are slated to speak
- US India's indispensable partner: Modi
Modi invited to address Capitol Hill via satellite have 336 words, post on www.rediff.com at November 9, 2013. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.