In what can best be described as the next chapter of the “phablet wars” the one to watch for is Sony’s awe-inspiring Xperia Z Ultra. The mammoth 6.44-inch 1080p (the world’s thinnest, at that) has caused more than a handful of heads to turn its way, and we sure are anxious to get our geeky hands on it. The more observant of you may remember that the general release date was set for somewhere in Q3. Of course, as is the nature of apprehension, nothing spells ‘party’ better than a concrete date, and we may now have one. Of course, this may change, but this is likely as official as it’s gonna get before we hear it spelled out by the folks behind Sony themselves. Health warnings aside, the XPERIA Blog rung the bell yesterday, having spotted listings of the upcoming hybrid on several UK-centric e-tailers, including Amazon, Clove and Handtec with an expected release date of September 13. If this is correct, Samsung’s Galaxy Note 3 will have just days on the giant to come out of Japan, which means the two most anticipated phablets, so far, will have their destinies tied together from the start.Back to the listings… Read full this story
- Hands-on with the Sony Xperia ZL and the Xperia Z
- Coronavirus: TCS World 10K Bengaluru postponed to September 13
- Coronavirus UK map – confirmed cases and deaths from COVID-19
- Coronavirus LIVE updates: Passengers flying into UK 'to quarantine for 14 days'
- Coronavirus: UK lockdown extended for 'at least' three weeks
- Coronavirus panic sweeps UK as NHS admits 'weakest' would be left to die
- Coronavirus: Passengers flying into UK airports 'to be quarantined for 14 days in new plans'
- UK Government Admits to Panic Purchasing Faulty Antibody Test Kits Despite Experts Advice
- Sony’s Xperia TL “Bond Phone” not ready for double-O work
- ‘So much living to do’: stories of UK's coronavirus victims
Sony Xperia Z Ultra coming September 13 in the UK have 321 words, post on www.phonearena.com at July 18, 2013. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.