The red rubber bracelets Nebraska players wear say “Finish” onone side, “0.01” on the other. It’s a reminder of the Cornhuskersfalling one second short of winning the Big 12 title and earning aspot in a BCS bowl last season.The Huskers’ foil, Texas (3-2, 1-1 Big 12), visits MemorialStadium today. Barring a conference championship game rematch, itwill be the last meeting between the traditional powers before No.5 Nebraska (5-0, 1-0) leaves for the Big Ten next year.DL Jared Crick isn’t so sure a win today would make him feelmuch better about the way last year’s game in Arlington, Texas,turned out. No one in Lincoln has forgotten how one second was putback on the clock after QB Colt McCoy threw out of bounds, givingTexas enough time to kick a field goal for a 13-12 win.“The feeling after that game, it’s a taste in our mouths thatwe’ll never get rid of,” Crick said Tuesday. “Maybe this week wecan get some retribution.”That one loss inspired the bracelets, which were the brainchildof DB Wil Richards’ father, Dan, and given to the players over thesummer.The message about finishing applies to everything at practiceand in games, and reinforces the idea that success can’t be takenfor granted, WR… Read full this story
- Jack Nowell finds new perspective as lockdown reminds him what really matters in life
- From red carpet to real life...SUSANNA REID: It's results day for my son and I'm giving ministers an 'F' for failure
- Running Red Lights Caused 147 Deaths In Maryland
- Will the 2020 census numbers be good enough, and how soon will we know?
- Phil Clarke on the impact Hull FC's positive coronavirus tests could have on Super League season
- Are we ready to cry 'uncle' on 2020?
- The Pig at Harlyn Bay: good food in a gorgeous setting in Cornwall – review
- Decolonising dermatology: why black and brown skin need better treatment
- 'Baby Wildlife Warrior due 2021!' Bindi Irwin, 22, announces she is expecting her first child with new husband Chandler Powell, 23 - less than five months after their wedding
- What The Trump Campaign Trail Looks Like Now: A Pink Bus Rolling Quietly Across The Country
RED-NUMBER REMINDER have 352 words, post on www.foxsports.com at October 19, 2010. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.