A 64 year old man died of scorching weather in the northern central province of Quang Tri’s Tuyen Hoa District.
Tien Hoa Commune People’s Committee May 5 said that the victim named Le Van Binh, a retired military doctor, died of coronary thrombosis when he was harvesting rice during a parching mid-noon.
The commune People’s Committee chairman Tran Xuan Son said that during the same time there were two other people died of coronary in the area.
Over the last few days, temperatures in Tien Hoa raised up to 41 Celsius degrees.
In the neighboring province of Quang Tri, the condition was worse with temperatures peaking 47 degrees.
Meanwhile, the electricity was regularly cut off at residential areas from 1pm to 9pm daily, sending residents rush to buy power generators.
Quang Ngai Province General Hospital reported that the number of children hospitalized due to heat-related diseases has skyrocketed by 2-3 times over normal days.
The number of elderly hospitalized was also found doubled.
Le Van Cuong, deputy chairman of Pho Quang Commune People’s Committee in Duc Pho District said that over 50 percent of white leg shrimps bred in the commune’s 60 ponds have been ill due to hot and dry weather.
A commune resident named Huynh Minh Hung said that almost total 500,000 shrimps he bred in two ponds, 2,800 square meters, has died of scorching weather.
Hot spell plagues northern and central regions
- Man dies, police K-9 stabbed after shooting on Oahu's North Shore
- Man dies after car crashes into tree
- Man dies after being hit by van
- Updates: Murder investigation launched after man dies in burglary
- Woman accused of stealing more than $100K from elderly San Antonio man, dying cancer patient
- Man dies as flash flooding causes chaos across France
- Central Arkansas man dies after being struck by lightning
- Man dies after being pulled from the American River trying to evade police
- Man dies after car veers off road, flips end-over-end into field
- Man dies after being pulled from Savin Lake Dam
- Man dies trying to rescue his dog at waterfall
- Man dies after crash on main road in Cornwall
- Man dies after crash during charity motorcycle ride
- Man dies after being hit by car in Harmon
- Autopsy report: Chokoloskee man died of meth toxicity in custody after Hurricane Irma
- Man dies after car crash with truck hauling watermelons in George County
- Shoreline man dies after falling off cliff west of Snoqualmie Pass
- Sulom revise fixtures, as Nomads invade central region
- Man dies after cardiac arrest in Mayfair
- Jackson man dies in police custody in Howell; possible drug overdose
One man dies of sweltering weather in central region have 412 words, post on at May 10, 2010. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.