After a year of games being banned and Aussie gamers getting stiffed with , there is yet more bad news for lovers of electronic gaming down under. Gamespot in the US has announced its overall Game of the Year, and it wasn’t even released in Australia.
Demon’s Souls, a dark fantasy RPG exclusive to the PlayStation 3, has taken top honours from Gamespot Editors in the US for its innovative approach to online play and its difficult yet addictive gameplay. The Gamespot team praised the game’s creepy, atmospheric environments and loved its “refusal to hold the player’s hand”.
This dark horse victor snatched first prize from a number of high profile games released throughout the year. Other games considered for the award included Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Batman Arkham Asylum, Killzone 2, Assassin’s Creed 2, The Sims 3 and Dragon Age: Origins. Demon’s Souls is the only game on the list not to have received a local release.
Aussie gamers disappointed not to have the chance to play Demon’s Soul can look online for copies of the game to import from overseas. If you plan to import a PS3 game be sure to check the video format and language options before you buy. PS3 games are not region-locked, but you may be buying an NTSC version of the game which may not be compatible with some Australian TVs and the language in the game and in the manual might be foreign as well.
If you want to check out why Demon’s Souls impressed the Gamespot team so much, check out the Game of the Year video here.
- Cervical Cancer: Australia Set to Wipe Out Disease in 20 Years in World First
- HyperX Cloud MIX Headset Review: Bluetooth and Gaming Bliss
- INVICTUS GAMES
- Australia loves Prince Harry and Meghan, but is it time for a republic?
- Ball Without Limits in NBA 2K Playgrounds 2: Now Available Worldwide
- The Texan mistaken for Aussie politician set to visit Australia
- Never Say Never – WWE® 2K19 Available Now; Take the WWE 2K19 Million Dollar Challenge* Beginning This Tuesday, October 9
- They Will Know Your Name in NBA® 2K19: Now Available Worldwide
- What Are the Invictus Games? Prince Harry Kicks Off Sporting Event by Climbing Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Royal Tour of Australia in Pictures
- General Finance Corporation Reports First Quarter Results for Fiscal Year 2019
- ‘It’s Monday in Australia’: That’s homework time here
- Prince Harry, Meghan kick off Invictus Games in Sydney
- Man Stabs Father to Death After He Told Him to Stop Playing Video Games
- Prince Harry reunites with 98-year-old Australian fan and introduces her to Meghan Markle
- US Army Veteran Mason Hutton Celebrates One Year in Business with Minuteman Press Printing Franchise in Dayton, Ohio
- A-Mark Precious Metals Sets Fiscal Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2018 Earnings Call for Tuesday, September 18 at 4:30 p.m. ET
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Filming Locations To Become Tourist Attractions
- A-Mark Precious Metals Reports Fiscal Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2018 Results
- 3, 2, 1…GO! You’ll be able to race in real-life Mario Kart in Denver next year
Gamespot's Game of the Year is ... not available in Australia have 499 words, post on www.cnet.com at January 3, 2010. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.