His father says it again. A journey of a thousand miles starts always with a single step.
James is beginning to get tired of his father’s usual reprimand. Every single morning when he sleeps in late and wakes up, his dad instead of reprimanding him always gives his son this advice.
Do you feel like James? Get real college students.
College is significantly different from the time you spent in high school. At this stage in your life, people have a lot of expectations on you and you bear a great responsibility. In this period of adulthood, you are held accountable for every choice you make. What do you feel is the biggest factor which stops you from performing your day to day tasks as a college going student? Peer pressure or maybe the weight of projects? Most students complain during their college life. They feel it is too long. They have so many things to do. An exam today, a group discussion tomorrow and a project the day after, all this pressure sometimes just makes you want to freak out.
Have you ever had a period of reflection within yourself? Have you ever questioned yourself about the real source of our problems? In case you have not, you should. This is probably the time for you to assess and reevaluate yourself.
The main reason behind the majority of the problems you face during college is improper time management. It is a lot more important than you think.
Proper management of time is associated with one’s commitment and dedication. Proper time management also implies that you are turning into a responsible individual.
Management of time is a crucial skill for every college going student. This greatly helps in the reduction of the pressure you would feel. This also keeps you from cramming. You will see that things become easier and easier with time.
1. Be organized – make a timetable.
While starting off, this could be a little time consuming. Get yourself a handy little note in which you can write sown the specifics of every scheduled activity for that day.
This will help you to become an organized person and allot your time as required.
2. Work towards a goal – associate every activity with a goal.
You will always find time to spend time having fun with your peers. However, make sure that every activity you do get you closer to that goal.
To help you grow as an individual, ensure that every move you make is based on your personal goal.
Important things need to be given higher priorities than other minor things. In case you have an exam the next day and it is your friend’s birthday as well, the exam needs to be given a higher priority.
You can always go out with your friend on a later date. Any real friend will understand your decision.
Your timetable will reflect your priorities. Everything in your schedule which should be set aside needs to be at the bottom of your timetable. For any college student, academic activities need to be given the highest priority.
These are just some basic suggestions. What kind of life you lead in the future depends on your choices. In case you continue to mismanage time, realize that your chances of succeeding also reduce correspondingly.
Grab every opportunity you are offered in college. Ensure that you let no second tick away uselessly. This will be a good foundation for a happy future.
Proper management of time is the doorway to your success. This will be the first step in that thousand mile journey James’ dad was talking about. Do not be so irritated when your parents next reprimand you for being late. They always do what is best for you.
Remember that it is what you do now which shapes what you will be in the future.
- How to be a squeaky wheel in a way that helps your career
- ‘I Don’t Talk’ That Way, Trump Says. Except When He Does.
- Carmen Electra reveals her biggest turnoff, opens up about career: 'This was that dream'
- This is not the time to compromise: Our open society is worth fighting for
- Acquisition of Rennert International Sets Pathway to World-Class International Learning Hub at Berkeley College New York
- Dear Parents: It's Time To Reconsider Whether College Is Worth It
- ECC student visits NASA through Community College Aerospace Scholars program
- With Career Pathways offering, RWU emphasizes history of readiness courses
- College worth the cost for future career
- Learning the difficult balance of working in college
- 5 tips for college freshmen — and their parents
- College football: 5 games to watch Saturday
- UMaine football looks to end skid against rival New Hampshire in opener
- Fast-Growing Tech Repair Franchise uBreakiFix Opens in Cleveland Heights
- College football notebook: Record-setting coaches dies
- College football preview: Albany at UMaine
- Duke’s trouncing of Kentucky an eye-opening men’s basketball opener
- Saturday’s college football roundup: BC beaten as ranked team
- Oakland Athletics plan on extension for manager Bob Melvin
- Saturday’s college football roundup: Clemson needs rally to top Syracuse
Time Management In College - 3 Ways To Open The Doorway To An Exceptional Career have 833 words, post on ezinearticles.com at November 6, 2008. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.