With energy prices taking a back seat to concerns about the overall economy, it would be easy to put off dealing with long-term energy supplies. However, this is not the time to be complacent. These last few months in particular are likely a prelude to a longer term rollercoaster ride of energy prices, especially the dizzying peaks. That the power transmission system is antiquated and unreliable with no solution in sight simply adds urgency to the overall need to deal with energy issues. And with economic uncertainty comes the need to contain costs, especially energy expenditures.Fortunately, options are available. Forward-thinking, innovative companies continue to develop solutions. Some technologies that will prove the most useful are mature and ready to go. Others are still in development but are close to realization. These technologies provide unprecedented opportunities to upgrade or fundamentally change the way energy needs are managed.Environmental Factors It is true that going green is golden. First there is the potential for cost savings through the use of “free fuel” technologies such as wind power and solar. Installing wind power generation capacity means eliminating the cost of fuel and the overhead of an outside supplier. This could result in an attractive… Read full this story
- 7 Energy-Saving Myths You Probably Believe
- How Energy Star Works
- What's more energy efficient for warmer climates: shingles or a metal roof?
- Nigeria: Firm to Address Power Challenge With Renewable Energy
- Cap energy mergers to bring down power bills, ACCC tells Malcolm Turnbull
- HEAT NETWORKS AND DISTRICT HEATING: Tougher rules in pipeline to help energy customers
- Can solar atmospheric water generators help save on energy costs?
- 10 Tax Deductions for Home Improvements
- 8 Tricks to Improve the Picture on Your New TV
- How have we improved oil rig technology?
Now is Not the Time to Put Off Energy-Saving Improvements have 298 words, post on ezinearticles.com at November 23, 2008. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.