In 1839 Samuel Cunard created The British and North American Steam Packet Company, known as the Cunard Line, to deliver Royal Mail to Canada and the U.S. (Cunard, n.d.). Originally composed of 4 paddle steamer ships, it would not be until the late 1940’s though that the Cunard name would be etched synonymously with superior quality transatlantic passenger cruises. By the 1950’s, Cunard had a total of 12 cruise liners in service accounting for a total of one third of all transatlantic crossings (Cunard, n.d.).With its greater speed and lower cost, air transit was quickly emerging as the preferred method of transatlantic travel during the 1960’s (Wikipedia, n.d.). The Cunard cruise liners that clearly dominated the cruise industry a decade earlier were quickly becoming outmoded remnants of a bygone era. With the increased costs associated in operating the Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth, and faced with stiff competition from rivals like French Line’s newly built SS France, Cunard was reluctant to capitulate entirely on the cruise industry (Wikipedia, n.d.).Cunard found a winner in an $80 million gamble (Wikipedia, n.d.) through a replacement for the Queen Elizabeth called the Queen Elizabeth 2. On May 2, 1969, the Queen Elizabeth 2 made… Read full this story
- Queen Mary students medal at BUCS
- Managed Services: Advantages of Outsourcing IT
- St Mary's regain pride with draw against Oriels
- EXCLUSIVE: Royal skincare expert responsible for Princess Mary's age-defying complexion reveals the secrets to glowing skin all year round
- Is the Cloud Turning Your IT Team Into Technology Babysitters?
- Problems racking up for Queen's Shane Mulholland ahead of Donegal trip
- Armagh and St Mary's star Jarlath Og Burns ready for Maynooth University challenge in Sigerson Cup quarter-final
- 2021 Volvo XC90 to feature level four autonomous driving technology
- From a bull fighter, I am now a smarter boxer: Mary Kom
- WATCH: Hail Mary gives North Shore unbelievable state championship win over Duncanville
Managing the Information Technology Infrastructure of the Queen Mary 2 have 320 words, post on ezinearticles.com at March 20, 2008. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.