A DISTRAUGHT Kevin Pietersen must come to terms with his tour of Australia being over, with a fractured rib sending him home early next week. A blow to the right side of his rib cage from a Glenn McGrath bumper left Pietersen struggling to breathe during his innings of 82 at the MCG in the first one-day international. And after an X-ray confirmed the break, Pietersen was left with no option but to fly home and get himself healed in time for the World Cup in March. He is expected to be fit for the one-day carnival, but with the Hampshire star out of action for the rest of the triangular one-day series in Australia, England’s chances of success in the Caribbean look remote. Even with Pietersen in their side they still took another thumping yesterday, this time by eight wickets. England’s premier batsman of the tour was busy doing what he does best and slapping the Australian bowlers to all parts, but having made 73 he advanced down the track to McGrath once too often. Just as he did in getting Pietersen out in the Fifth Test, McGrath dropped in a short one and rather than the crack of… Read full this story
- Samantha Cameron's sister Emily Sheffield reveals the agony of her miscarriage at age 44 and how losing her unborn baby left her 'physically traumatised'
- Grandmother dies in agony from a torn intestine after hospital sent her home with painkillers and antibiotics
- William Shatner Recalls 'Agony' After Losing Wife to Addiction and How Leonard Nimoy Helped Him Move On
- I wake to pus-soaked sheets every morning & was housebound for six months – the agony of living with extreme cystic acne
- Women reveal the agony of becoming a mum…when you’ve lost your own mother
- Grandmother, 83, died 'in agony' from sepsis after five-hour ambulance wait
- 'I've got no kids left': Mother's agony over daughter, 10, who was killed with father in house blaze that he started - ten years after girl's baby twin died
- Dalian Atkinson's family tell of agony over footballer's Taser death
- Struggling This Morning agony aunt Deidre mocked for being 'all over the shop'
- Woman 'left in agony' after being 'served corrosive pint of cleaning fluid' at busy pub
THE AGONY AND THE AGONY have 363 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at January 13, 2007. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.