How do you get a grade-A movie star like Nicolas Cage to play an amoral gunrunner? Simple: put a pistol to his head. "Andrew Niccol picked up this Uzi machine-gun, pointed it at me and said, 'Are you in this movie or not?'" grins Cage. "I said, 'Well, yeah…'" For the record, the gun Lord Of War writer/ director Niccol used to coerce Cage was made of plastic, but Total Film wouldn't have been surprised if it had been real. After all, we are talking about Nic Cage – a magnet for the strange and outlandish. This is a man who's eaten live cockroaches (Vampire's Kiss), experimented with binge-drinking (Leaving Las Vegas) and allegedly had his wisdom teeth removed without anaesthetic (Birdy), all in order to ramp his performances up an extra notch. He proposed to his first wife Patricia Arquette the day he met her, his second missus was Elvis' daughter Lisa Marie Presley and his third – and current – better-half, Alice Kim, used to be a waitress at a sushi bar he ate at. Their first child – Cage's second after the son, Weston, he had with model Kristina Fulton in 1992 – is due imminently. Born… Read full this story
- The Total Film Interview - Anthony Hopkins
- Total Film Interview - Guillermo del Toro
- Why Did Nicolas Cage's 'Superman' Film Die?
- Toronto 2013, Day Eight: Nicolas Cage shines in David Gordon Green's
- Nicolas Cage Named Talent Ambassador for Macau Film Festival
- Shanghai: Nicolas Cage Touts Next Film Project 'Primal'
- Nicolas Cage -- SEX PHOTOS STOLEN
- Subscribe to Total Film magazine from just £2.31 an issue
- Nicolas Cage's Son & Baby Mama Slapped with Eviction Notice ... Pay Up & Get Out!
- Film Review: ‘Grand Isle’
The Total Film Interview - Nicolas Cage have 288 words, post on www.gamesradar.com at November 9, 2005. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.