When is work not really work? When it’s fun!
Using online forums, also called message boards, can be a fun way to promote your business in a low key way.
You cultivate relationships with others
You learn about all kinds of topics
Your marketing message is presented without screaming advertisement
By answering questions related to your topic, you are positioned as an expert in your field
How to Use a Forum for Promotion:
First, find a forum that is of interest to you and frequented by people in your target market. A great place to start is to go to ezboard.com and search for forums by keywords that reflect your target market.
Next, I suggest you “lurk” or just watch the activity for a few days to get a feel for the tone of the forum. When you feel confident this is an appropriate place to represent your business, introduce yourself. Often message boards have a ‘New Members’ type place to post your first message.
After you have been welcomed, scan through the topics and post answers to questions others may have about your area of expertise. Repeat daily or weekly.
Of utmost importance is to have a signature line that is added to the end of each message you post. This is like your calling card, and is what makes this method so subtle. You may be posting a famous recipe, but everyone who checks it out will see your business name. Most forums have an account setting or options area where you can set up an automatic signature or you can cut and paste your signature each time, but this is much more cumbersome.
Don’t spam boards by visiting once and posting an advert everywhere. It will give you a bad reputation – not what you need to increase sales.
Check the regulations of the board to be sure signature lines are allowed. Some forums strictly prohibit marketing of any type.
Revisit your posting frequently to address any replies. Also, add new postings of interest every few days to keep your business in the message board’s eye.
Message boards and forums can be a very valuable marketing tool. While you’re at it, be sure to check out the fun topics, too!
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 30
- Plan in place to foster international RMB use
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 2
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 3
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 4
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 5
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 6
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 8
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 9
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 10
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 11
- Việt Nam has many opportunities to promote halal exports
- Viet Nam has many opportunities to promote halal exports
- APEC promotes fintech skills of women-led MSMEs amid COVID-19
- Vietnam, China co-chair 18th East Asia Forum
- ASEAN young entrepreneurs urged to promote co-operation
- Global Media Forum 2020: a year of digital sessions
- ASEAN 2020: Meeting held promoting regional sustainable finance
- State Audit of Vietnam works to complete 2020 plan
- Vietnam develops environmental audit on par with int’l trend
Using Forums to Promote Your Business have 504 words, post on ezinearticles.com at March 24, 2005. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.